Physical and energetic alignment
Verbal and physical assists and cues
Dynamic, efficient, intelligent, and fluid sequencing
Essential cues to move your students safely and seamlessly into postures
Sanskrit names and meaning
Muscles activated, strengthened, and lengthened in each posture
Daily posture clinics
Chakra and Dosha effects & imprints
Modifications for all levels and body types
Experience the powerful and healing effects of the breath
How to teach basic pranayama to your students
Develop your own pranayama practice
Understand when and why you would teach different techniques
Understand the scientific evidence and physiological processes involved in the respiratory system - based on current clinical studied
Discover the transformative power of the breath in your daily life and its effects on your physiology, energy levels, mental and emotional states and the release of tension and stress
Wim Hof Method breath work will be practiced and discussed in detail by certified instructors
Practice Teaching Sessions
Over 5 sessions dedicated to practice teaching, with guidance and feedback. Practice & repeat from the heart.
Logic of a Simple Sequence
Finding your authentic voice as a unique and confident individual
Learn how to weave yogic philosophy seamlessly into your classes
Learn the principles and make it your own
Learn methods of meditation that you can take home with you
Guided meditations to lead your students through
Grounding Meditations, Centering and Self-healing meditation techniques
Develop a daily practice, rooted in personal experience - which we dive into every morning and evening
Anatomy of the subtle body is essentially the awareness of yourself on a deeper level. After dedicated and consistent practice, the subtle body becomes an integral part of our perception and is the starting point from where change occurs. This lecture will include chakras - and their connection to our physiological, emotional, mental and energetic states
A yogic practice that has profound effects. How do we replace the patterns of the mind with something more positive. Chanting alone and with a group. Learn the sacred mantras, what they mean and how to use them.
Learn how and when they are used. The various mudras that fit the individual’s needs.
Anatomy & Physiology:
1. Musculoskeletal System & Yoga Asana: which muscles are strengthened during an asana, which muscles are lengthened, contraindications, benefits, energetic and mental affects of asana, affects on Dosha
2. Digestive System & Conscious Healthy Diet: What are the factors for optimal digestion? What is the role of sugar on your system? What are the benefits of a plant based diet - ketotic diet? What are causes and remedies of indigestion and slow metabolism? What do leading clinical studies say? Along with nutritional tips and guidelines from certified Holistic Health Coach Stella Kwon, superfoods and supplements, nutrient dense foods, recipes, and more.
3. Respiratory System & Pranayama: anatomy of the breathing body. What happens on an inhale? What happens on an exhale? What are the effects on a subtle level - and its effects on your DNA. How is energy converted from your breath down to a cellular level?
4. Nervous System & Meditation: What is the central nervous system’s role in your overall health and well-being? How is it affected by stress/trauma/PTSD? How can we assist in this healing holistically and with lasting effects? How can we bust through long-standing anxiety? Parasympathetic vs. Sympathetic nervous system: how to flip the switch consciously and safely in a way that keeps us grounded, centered, and clear. The role of yoga, pranayama, and meditation on the nervous system, methods to go deep into and take control of your physiology.
5. The cell & the nucleus: cellular energy, metabolism, how your breath, diet, cardiovascular system, nervous system, activity levels all contribute to your energy levels, sleep, creativity and healing ability? Fasting revealed in safe and clinically proven methods drawing from the most recent evidence based practice led by Registered Nurse Jun Lee.
The holistic healing science of Ayurveda is over 5,000 years old and will be discussed in detail in a way that is applicable in modern times. The basic foundation of daily living and this ancient science of self-healing will be outlined in a way the participants can take home, apply immediately, and see how small adjustments and tweaks to their daily routine, diet, and habits can transform their life, their thoughts, and their reality. Find out what you constitution is and how it is ever-evolving, yet always the same. Find out how there is always truth in paradox. Some topics we will discover: what is your DOSHA? What does that mean for me on a daily basis? What kind of small tweaks in my routine can have a huge impact? Does Ayurveda have a place in my life?
Yoga Therapy Introduction:
What is Yoga Therapy? How is it applied in a safe and effective way using the techniques of yoga, which ailments does it treat? What are the potential benefits? Am I interested in pursuing this as my passion?
Principles of Power:
What are the pillars of power? What do I stand for? and How do I move forward from here?
Wim Hof Method:
What is the WHM? What are health benefits? What is happening to the physiology during the breath work, mindset/focus, and cold exposure? What are the do's and don'ts?
The application of Yin in our practice to coalesce with our usual Yang infused Vinyasa flows. The lecture, theory and practice of Yin will be discussed and experienced. The benefits, contraindications, and precaution of a Yin practice - and how to safely and effectively structure a sequence for yourself and a class. The practice of Yin is so needed to counterbalance the current momentum of society, and this is a great doorway to explore what exactly the energy of Yin is and its place in your life.
Sacred Texts & Book Recommendations:
Bhagavad Gita - Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood, Intro by Aldous Huxley
Tao Te Ching- Victor H. Mair or Dr. Wayne Dyer
Yoga Sutras - Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood & Osho’s commentary
Ayurveda: The Science of Self- Healing - Dr. Vasant Lad
The Heart of Yoga - Desikachar
Functional Anatomy in Yoga - Volume I & II - Dr. Ray Long
Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy - Gregor Maehle
Other great versions:
Bhagavad Gita - Eknath Easwaran
The First and Last Freedom- Krishnamurti
6:00-8:00am Meditation, pranayama, asana practice
9:30- 12:00pm Theory Lecture
3:30-5:00pm Theory Lecture
5:00-7:00pm Evening asana practice