- Physical and energetic alignment
- Verbal and physical assists and cues
- Dynamic, efficient, intelligent, and fluid sequencing
- Essential cues to move your students safely and seamlessly into postures
- Sanskrit names and meaning
- Muscles activated, strengthened, and lengthened in each posture
- Daily posture clinics
- Chakra and Dosha effects & imprints
- Modifications for all levels and body types
- Experience the powerful and healing effects of the breath
- How to teach basic pranayama to your students
- Develop your own pranayama practice
- Understand when and why you would teach different techniques
- Understand the scientific evidence and physiological processes involved in the respiratory system - based on current clinical studied
- Discover the transformative power of the breath in your daily life and its effects on your physiology, energy levels, mental and emotional states and the release of tension and stress
- Wim Hof Method breath work will be practiced and discussed in detail by certified instructors
Practice Teaching Sessions
- Over 5 sessions dedicated to practice teaching, with guidance and feedback. Practice & repeat from the heart.
- Logic of a Simple Sequence
- Finding your authentic voice as a unique and confident individual
- Learn how to weave yogic philosophy seamlessly into your classes
- Learn the principles and make it your own
- Learn methods of meditation that you can take home with you
- Guided meditations to lead your students through
- Grounding Meditations, Centering and Self-healing meditation techniques
- Breathing meditation
- Develop a daily practice, rooted in personal experience - which we dive into every morning and evening
Anatomy of the Chakras - their connection to our physiological, emotional, mental and energetic states
Chanting alone and with a group. Learn the sacred mantras, what they mean and how to use them.
Learn how and when they are used. The various mudras that fit the individual’s needs.
Anatomy & Physiology:
1. Musculoskeletal System & Yoga Asana: which muscles are strengthened during an asana, which muscles are lengthened, contraindications, benefits, energetic and mental affects of asana, affects on Dosha
2. Digestive System & Conscious Healthy Diet: What are the factors for optimal digestion? What is the role of sugar on your system? What are the benefits of a plant based diet - ketotic diet? What are causes and remedies of indigestion and slow metabolism? What do leading clinical studies say? Along with nutritional tips and guidelines from certified Holistic Health Coach Stella Kwon, superfoods and supplements, nutrient dense foods, recipes, and more.
3. Respiratory System & Pranayama: anatomy of the breathing body. What happens on an inhale? What happens on an exhale? What are the effects on a subtle level - and its effects on your DNA. How is energy converted from your breath down to a cellular level?
4. Nervous System & Meditation: What is the central nervous system’s role in your overall health and well-being? How is it affected by stress/trauma/PTSD? How can we assist in this healing holistically and with lasting effects? How can we bust through long-standing anxiety? Parasympathetic vs. Sympathetic nervous system: how to flip the switch consciously and safely in a way that keeps us grounded, centered, and clear. The role of yoga, pranayama, and meditation on the nervous system, methods to go deep into and take control of your physiology.
5. The cell & the nucleus: cellular energy, metabolism, how your breath, diet, cardiovascular system, nervous system, activity levels all contribute to your energy levels, sleep, creativity and healing ability? Fasting revealed in safe and clinically proven methods drawing from the most recent evidence based practice led by Registered Nurse Jun Lee.
The holistic healing science of Ayurveda will be discussed in detail, in a way that is applicable in the modern age. The basic foundation of daily living and this ancient science of self-healing will be outlined in a way the participants can take home, apply immediately, and see how small adjustments and tweaks to their daily routine, diet, and habits can transform their life, their thoughts, and their reality. Find out what you constitution is and how it is ever-evolving, yet always the same. Find out how there is always truth in paradox.
Yoga Therapy Introduction:
What is Yoga Therapy? How is it applied in a safe and effective way using the techniques of yoga, which ailments does it treat? What are the potential benefits? Am I interested in pursuing this as my passion?
Principles of Power:
What are the pillars of power? What do I stand for? and How do I move forward from here?
Wim Hof Method:
What is the WHM? What are health benefits? What is happening to the physiology during the breath work, mindset/focus, and cold exposure? What are the do's and don'ts?
Sacred Texts & Book Recommendations:
Bhagavad Gita - Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood, Intro by Aldous Huxley
Tao Te Ching- Victor H. Mair or Dr. Wayne Dyer
Yoga Sutras - Swami Prabhavananda & Christopher Isherwood & Osho’s commentary
Ayurveda: The Science of Self- Healing - Dr. Vasant Lad
The Heart of Yoga - Desikachar
Functional Anatomy in Yoga - Volume I & II - Dr. Ray Long
Ashtanga Yoga: Practice and Philosophy - Gregor Maehle
Other great versions:
Bhagavad Gita - Eknath Easwaran
The First and Last Freedom- Krishnamurti
6:00-8:00am Meditation, pranayama, asana practice
9:30- 12:00pm Theory Lecture
3:30-5:00pm Theory Lecture
5:00-7:00pm Evening asana practice